Micah 6:8

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does YHVH require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Losing it....

Ok, I think this is going to be the place where I put to paper what I am struggling with regarding weight, diet, exercise. I am making a decision to eat right and exercise for the next 40 days. After that I will hopefully re-commit for another 40 days but lets just start off slow. I will be following the program by ThinWithin. If you haven't heard of them check them out online. I read the book and did the 30 day devotionals and lost 13 lbs. I am now going to start the next phase of my journey with the next set of books. A journal and workbook that lasts for the next 12 weeks. Yes I know that is more then 40 days I can do the math I will just do it until my 40 days are up and then hopefully it will be so much a part of me I will just continue. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit so I am hoping that regular exercise will become a habit as well.

3 comments:

DownsizingDeeva said...

hey Mel, That is great losing 13 lbs! way to go :o) Sure we are around Thursday mornings, and would love you to come visit. Call first incase I get called into work... Dr. just doubled my meds, and hopfully they start to kick in soon, so I am less tired, and will start to get some stuff done around here; like laundry! Hope to see you soon.

Christina said...

Great blog! You're a really good writer! Well, I'm going tio committ to 45 days from today onwards.....that should take me right up to the end of June. I think I'll get back to reading the TW book daily and try to squeeze in TA when I get a chance. Should be enough reading material for 45 days!

trainedbyhorses said...

Hey, are you gonna join Julie and me at the Thin Within website for our workbook study and weekly chat? I hope you will consider it!