Micah 6:8

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does YHVH require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chocolate :)

Yeah I know, you are thinking I thought she was trying to eat healthy and release some weight. She is.
Seriously, she is BUT at that time of the month there is nothing as comforting as a warm cup of tea and chocolate melting on your tongue. Seriously. I know you are all imagining it now. It is so yummy and so satisfying and well so addicting that how could you stop at one square? I can't and that is my problem. I know. I can call it whatever I want but the fact of the matter is, it is a stronghold and there is no other name for it but SIN. Yes I said it. My caving in and over eating, chocolate or anything else for that matter is nothing more then sin. Is sin resolved by will power. NO!
There is only one cure for sin, only one remedy and that is Jesus. If I want to overcome my bad habits of overeating I need to be willing to confess them for what they are. I need to be willing to submit my will and my diet into the hands of the Almighty.
Why?
Because He cares for me. Not only about my salvation but about my health and well-being. My body is the temple of His Holy Spirit and as such I need to treat it with the respect it deserves. Is this an easy task?
I wish it was. In theory it should be. Yet I find myself stumbling everyday with the choices I make on what I allow into this temple. That is why I am so thankful that I have a Father, a God who is so forgiving and so compassionate that each time I fall He is there to pick me back up.
He lifts my face, looks into my eyes and cradles my chin. As tears of repentance roll down my face He whispers into my ear and strokes my hair, I forgive. Those are the words on His lips to me. I forgive.

No comments: