Micah 6:8

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does YHVH require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."

Friday, May 16, 2008

Confessing Scripture

I found a scripture confession that you can use before meals to help you to not over-eat.
What could be more powerful in your attempt to release weight then confessing the word of God? Nothing!
So here it is if you feel led to use it please do. I think I may print it out and keep it at my spot at the kitchen table until I have it memorized :0)
I don't desire to eat so much I become overweight (stay overweight). I present my body to God, my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, which dwells in me. I am not my own, I am bought with a price therefore, in the name of Jesus I refuse to over-eat. Body settle down, in the name of Jesus and conform to the word of God. I put to death the desires of this body and command it to come into line with the word of God.
(Romans 12:1, 1 Corinthians 6:19)

2 comments:

Christina said...

What a great prayer. I think I will claim that one as my own as well:-) Thanks for posting!

Skinnyontheinside said...

That's what its all about right? Helping each other on this journey to our God given size :0)