Micah 6:8

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does YHVH require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."

Friday, June 13, 2008

40 day follow-up

Well, lets just say that some of it was good, some was bad and some fell somewhere in between. Overall, in the big picture it was a great 40 days. I found alot of new online buddies who are travelling the same path as myself. I joined an online support group that lasts for the remainder of the summer. And I even started to exercise. Not everyday but much more then I had been. My live online group meets once a week on Wed. nights and it is great. We are going through the 12 week workbook together. I think this is very important for me to have a group to do it with. When I try to go at it alone I usually give up quickly. So I have committed to read the chapter every week and do the daily lessons that go along with it. On top of that I have just discovered Leslie Sansone. She has a whole in home walking program called walk away the pounds. I have been doing her videos for the past 10 days and I LOVE them, I have been borrowing them from my local library. I love them so much that I ordered her book called Walking the Walk getting fit with faith. It comes with a DVD that has a 1 mile and 2 mile walk on it. The book is broken down into 30 days it has scripture readings, meditations, health and fitness info and lots more for everyday. There is a place to journal your progress and what activity you did daily. I am really excited to add this to my Thin-Within workbook as I feel it will compliment it nicely. I will let you know in 30 days how the walking is going. I will start the walking on Monday so July 16th will be the 30 day mark, if I walk everyday. I may take the weekends off. I will let you know as I do it.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Praise Adonai, it sounds like you had a very successful 40 days. I wish I could do the Wednesday night study, but I have church. So happy to have found others like you on this same path.

Christina said...

One step at a time, Melanie!

It looks like you have surrounded yourself with great online supportive friends. What a blessing I've found these friends to be! This makes a big difference when the going gets rough....knowing there are others who can help, support, pray and encourage you along the way.

That's exciting about the exercise video. Sounds great!

So, are you onto another 40 days??? :-)

Skinnyontheinside said...

I think I am on 30 days, well, I don't know. I guess I am on life. The first 40 days helped to develop eating habits and teach me things and now is the follow through. I suppose this is for life. If I was to stop eating the way I am now it would be very detrimental to me, not just for my weight but for my heart, spirit, soul. This is definitely the first day of the rest of my life's journey with Thin Within.

Christina said...

I notice your weight keeps on going down and down! yeah:-)

Skinnyontheinside said...

Thanks Christina. It is going down slowly, but that is okay. I love instant gratification but I am learning so much through this slow process :)