Micah 6:8

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does YHVH require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."

Saturday, June 28, 2008

50%

Today officially marks the beginning of the end. I have, as of today, with the amazing help of God made it to my half way mark. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I honestly do not know if the weight I have chosen for myself is the same as the weight as He has chosen for me but I am fairly confident that if I am wrong then His weight is less then mine.
When I started this journey in January I weighed 190 lbs. This is/was a huge weight for me. Growing up I was always naturally thin. I never weighed more then 125 lbs until I was over 20yrs of age. Being 5' 7.5" that is fairly thin. I ate like a horse. My metabolism was on super warp speed and as I approached my 24th birthday I weighed 140 lbs. This weight was very reasonable and in my head I looked very healthy and fit. I stayed this weight until I started to plan my wedding. It was a very stressful time as my wonderful DH was very much a mama's boy and being the baby in his family and the last to marry of four siblings, well, his mom had far TOO much say in our wedding day. Needless to say during the 6 months of planning I gained 32 lbs of fat. I maintained this weight until I became pregnant with my first son at the age of 27. After his birth I quickly became pregnant again with our second son and my weight stayed up. After all was said and done, I weighed in at 190 lbs. I maintained this weight never really fluctuating in the last 5 yrs at all. I had resolved after trying every diet known to man that I would remain this way the rest of my life and I was trying to wrap my head and heart around it. I did not like me very much. In my mind I still saw the healthy girl I was at 25 yet when I passed a mirror I would have to do a second take as what I saw in the glass was not who I saw in my mind. The last 5 yrs have been very difficult on me and my family. I battled with depression and was medicated for awhile. I believe it was all related to my weight, and the way I felt about myself because of it. Needless to say, January came around and as I was cleaning my basement I came across a book my mother had given my a few years earlier. I hadn't even looked at it as I knew it was for weight loss and I thought I was a hopeless cause. This time I picked up the book and started to read. The words coming from the pages gripped me in a way I hadn't felt for such a very long time and my journey with Thin Within had begun.
Has it been an easy journey, no. It is a very simple plan but after years of self defeat I have alot of emotional healing to work through and alot of bad habits I have to allow Him to break in me. That is what is so great about this program, He does the work, NOT me. I only need to listen and obey and He does the healing, restoration and transforming.
What an amazing transformation it is. In the past 6 months I have released 25 lbs, and lost a total of 14 1/4 inches.
God IS faithful and He WILL complete the work He has begun in me. Praise God!!!!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, Melanie! What a testimony to God's faithfulness! Yeah! I'm just so ecstatic for you:-) Keep pressing on!

Marcy said...

That is so awesome Melanie!!!