Micah 6:8

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does YHVH require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Called to give an account

I am faced with a hard decision this coming weekend and I am asking for anyone that reads this to please keep me in prayer. I will be with family at a reunion of sorts, an Anniversary party to be exact. The people involved for the most part are non-believers and have asked that my husband and myself refrain from talking about God or religion when we are with them. As difficult as this has been I know that it is about to become much harder.
Then ONLY reason I have lost any weight is because of God's faithfulness to me and my obedience to Him. When I am asked about my recent weight release I pray that I will have the boldness to give an account that gives God the glory He deserves. I did not release this weight because of my own good fortune or will. I lost it because of a brokenness before the throne of God. I pray that this recent weight release will be a stepping stone that will allow me to share the gospel with them. even if not now that it will at least open the door for me to share about my growing relationship with God.
So, if I happen to pop into your mind over the weekend would you please say a little prayer for me?

7 comments:

DownsizingDeeva said...

I just read this now, how was the anniversary, were you able to give the glory to God?

Skinnyontheinside said...

Dee, it is this coming weekend, Jun the 7th. Please remember me!

Christina said...

It's hard to believe family would actually purposefully say to not speak of spiritual matters....what a sad reflection of their hearts.

I was just blown away by how beautifully you just described the reason it's all about God...because of your brokeness. How amazing. I am moved by that and can totally relate to that.

I will certainly be remembering you in prayer this week (as I already said on my blog). Maybe this is just the thing that God will use to put His glory on display and touch their hearts!

Skinnyontheinside said...

Thanks Christina. Your encouragement and support, and prayer really means alot to me. More then I can rightly express in words.

Christina said...

Just wanting to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying for you as the weekend is now here. Let God do His work.

Some verses that just came to wise are:

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1 Cor. 1:18

"God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong...Therefore, as it is written: 'Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.'" 1 Cor 1:27, 28, 31

"And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians 4:3-6

Praying that GOD will open that door (what a wonderful thing, we don't have to do that work!) and that you will be able to proclaim the message clearly and boast in the Lord!

Skinnyontheinside said...

THANK YOU!
Those verses are PERFECT!

trainedbyhorses said...

Maybe it is after the fact, but I am praying. God knew beforehand I would see this and pray "late" for you...so I trust he "credited" my prayer to your account! LOL! Let us know how it went!