Micah 6:8

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does YHVH require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."

Monday, September 22, 2008

Checking in...

I am feeling so much better and I think in part it is due to the change of seasons. I love the fall. Everything starts up agin and I no longer feel alone. Not that I am ever alone but I am far more involved with people in the fall. Bible studies begin, school groups start, we are away from the house more in the fall then we are in the summer. I LOVE my home but I love to be out with other people sometimes too.
I have not released any weight this week but that is okay. I have managed to eat within 0-5 the majority of my meals and I am rejoicing over that. Over the past week I have been reflecting on my plateau and I have come to realize that I have been placing far to much importance on exercise. I was doing so much exercise during my plateau and was becoming discouraged in the fact that I was not releasing weight. Unfortunately I was relying on physical activity for weight loss and not God. During the week that I finally released weight again I had actually cut my exercising in half. I am still exercising, but I am not so focused on it to provide my weight loss. I am once again in the place of surrender to God for my weight release. It feels good to be back.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Melanie, I didnt know you had a blog. I'm adding you to my friends.

Lil said...

I can SO relate about obsessing about exercise. I lost quite a bit of weight last year (and gained it all back) and was obsessed about exercise and food. I thought about those two things all day every day. My relationship with the Lord was sorely lacking. I know ME and I have allowed myself only 30 minutes of exercise for the time being. I might increase in the future and might not. Just Depends!

merrysfaithwalk said...

I would like to add you as a friend, but I don't know how, can anyone help me?

Christina said...

How are you doing these days, Melanie? Been missing your posts!

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.