Micah 6:8

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does YHVH require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A FRESH START

I can hardly believe it has been 3 months since I have last posted. A lot has happened in that three months. I and my family have gone through an emotional whirlwind and the storm has not stopped. During the past 3 months we have almost lost our house, my husbands pay has decreased by 1200.00 a month and I have gained 14 lbs. The losing the house was due to the pay cut. How could we afford our house when we no longer had the money to pay the mortgage. Well, thankfully we had enough equity and were able to work with the bank to extend our mortgage (shudder) and lower our payments. So we do have a place to live. Praise God!!! Since the pay has been decreased we are trying to cut out everything we possibly can. I have switched the phone company, downgraded our Internet and we cancelled TV services. We are eating less of a variety of food but at least we are still eating. We don't really know what will happen with my husbands job as they have only projected business until the end of the fiscal year in April. At that time we could be looking at further pay reductions or something that we can't even begin to imagine. In the meantime, I eat. A LOT!!! Stress leads me to emotional eating and that is what has lead to my weight gain. I have decided that I will not let my attitude and mood determine my weight any longer. I have declared a *fresh start*. I started yesterday. I am once again consciously eating, and let me tell you it was easier to start the first time I did it. This time it seems to be such a struggle and I feel I am in a constant battle with my will. I know that I can win this battle with the help of Christ yet I feel so weak right now that sometimes I don't even feel it is worth the fight. Any prayer support at this time would be greatly appreciated. I hope to be more faithful on posting. When I stop being obedient, I stop writing. Who wants their sin all over the web for all to see? And yet I know there are people who will lift me up in prayer but can't if I don't humble myself to confess my shortcomings. Thanks for your patience with me.

5 comments:

trainedbyhorses said...

Lord, I lift Melanie up to you right now. I ask that you would just draw her so close to your heart right now. May she sense that you are quieting her with your love and delighting over her with singing. I pray she would hear your holy Divine approval...that you love her, she is your precious daughter and your betrothed. There is no condemnation. Thank you, Lord. I pray that she will capture EACH moment (one tiny one at a time) for you. Let her reject the accusations of the enemy, Lord. I ask all of these things in the matchless name of Jesus...Amen.

Christina said...

Dear Lord, I thank you for Melanie's willingness to press on despite these set backs. I pray that you would encourage her, open her eyes to how much you love and care for her, and continue the good work that you began in her life. I pray that you would provide for their needs at this time. I pray that Melanie and her husband would feel your peace flood their hearts. In Jesus name, amen.

Angela said...

September 11th/08 my husband was wrongfully dismissed from his place of employment. I COMPLETELY understand the roller coaster your one with the finances. I do want to encourage you though that God is GOOD!! ALL THE TIME!! I have on my playlist, Praise You in This Storm, by Casting Crowns. I can't tell you the times I would sit staring at my computer screen, JUST BAWLING, listening to this song. this has become my heart's prayer and cry.
I'm like you, when I'm struggling, my flesh has the tendency to back away, stay away, 'why bother sharing, I'm hurting too much, I'm struggling too much', etc. These are the times when we NEED to be sharing. Please remember, Jesus didn't carry His cross by Himself, a man Simon helped. I believe God wanted us to realize that if His Son had help, than other's can help us carry our cross too at times..
((hugs)) I'm so glad you had two prayer warriors come to your aid with Heidi and christina covering you with God's Word...
Blessings.

His Living Sacrifice said...

Mel,

Thanks so much for kinds words at my blog this morning ((hugs)). I am so sorry for the storms you've experienced that last 3 months, and only pray they draw you closer to His throne. I will commit to pray for you my Sister in Christ. I'll pray specifically for your Hubby's job situation and that it will extend beyond April. I will most definitely pray for your food issues, as I have those of my own. I'm adding you to my blogroll and promise to visit and lend my support and prayers.

Love in Christ,

jammy said...

Dear Maelanie,
I'm praying for you right now. Run to Jesus! He is right there, loving you.
Jammy