Micah 6:8

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does YHVH require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."

Monday, March 15, 2010

Hello....

I really don't know what to say or where to start. Life has been happening and I think I have been trying to stay caught up! At any rate I feel that what I have to say really isn't of that much importance so it doesn't really matter how often I post here. Also, I don't think what I have to say is all that exciting. But, since I am here now I will share some of what is going on over here in our home. Following thin within, has been anything but successful. It was very successful at first but then I got complacent and I fell into the sin of wanting something for nothing. You kwim,? Wanting the weight release without having to constantly work at it. I KNOW in my head that this is something I will have to be diligent with everyday of my entire life BUT I just don't want to put in the effort, sigh! I need an attitude adjustment in a bad way :(

In other news my loving hubby has recently been diagnosed hypoglycemic/pre-diabetic. We have been to meet with a dietitian and he is on a hypoglycemic diet and well, if I were to follow his diet properly I would be losing weight but....
Anyway, Lévis has lost 10lbs so for and is eating 6 meals a day with a total or 2000 calories. He has to have certain combinations of foods to keep his insulin levels even throughout the day and let me tell you, he is no longer as tired, or as grumpy, or as prone to mood swings. He has been following the diet for 6 weeks now and he is feeling much better, he also has to test his blood regularly and he is on a low dose of a diabetic medication but over all he is feeling so much better.

My dear hubby is also in the process of finding out about his thyroid. He recently went for
in depth testing (where he had to swallow radiation pills and be injected with radiated dye, we were told about the radiation after the fact) for his thyroid and we will be getting the results of those tests this evening.

At work he was recently part of the filming of a new commercial, he will find out today if he made the final cut. Regardless of the outcome the commercial will start airing tonight sometime. If he is in it I will be sure to find a way to post a link to it.

Schooling the boys is going very well. I am so blessed that I get to be here at home with my children every single day. I honestly couldn't imagine having them away from me for 7 hrs at a time. The thought is heartbreaking. Nathaniel is continuing his speech therapy and is making great progress. I am so glad we enrolled him in September. He is becoming so much more confident and is really finding his own voice.

Gabriel will be going for testing with an Occupational Therapist for visual discrimination testing (previously referred to as dyslexia) he is consistently showing signs of some type of deficiency in this area and it is making reading a challenge for him. I hate to see my children struggle so I will do all I can to help them learn coping mechanisms. He is also still very oral sensitive and always has to be chewing something, usually it is not something that should be chewed. At any rate he is a lovely boy who continues to make us very happy.

I am in the process of getting ready to buy our curriculum for next year and will be attending Homeschooling conferences shortly. One the end of this month and another at the end of May. As you can see life has been busy. I will try to be more consistent in posting but please don't hold your breath. I am still not sure where I want this blog to go. I think I may be using it more for family happenings, schooling and less for weight loss. I am sure however that both will be mentioned to some degree.

I hope this finds all of you, my readers, healthy and blessed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the blog. It is nice to see what is happening in your life since we don't get to see each other very often. As for needing an attitude adjustment in regards to weight loss. I need one for smoking. I just don't want to go through the process even though I know I need to. Yes I am smoking again. In regards to dyslexia. One thing I found that worked for me and still does is reading upside down. It sounds funny but it helped the words seem clear to me. Also writing things with the first word at the right side of the page and the last at the left side (.So basically backwards.)Before trying to read it.See you at Easter

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me embee. lol I dont have an account so I had to post it anonymously

Melanie said...

when you post anonymosly Em just sign your name at the end of your comment like this,

Melanie

then I will know it is from you :)

Kelly said...

The best thing about a blog, it's all about you. Blogs are my main way to stay up to date with friends, so it's very important :o) I had to google Thin Within, and I know exactly how you feel. I too want weight loss without having to work at it. It sounds like your husband it getting better, Praise God. Hope I can see him in the commercial! I'm looking forward to your posts, no matter what they are about!

trainedbyhorses said...

Just thought I would check in and say hello! Hi! :-)

Christina said...

Thanks for the update:-) It would be good to stay in touch again.