Micah 6:8

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does YHVH require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Gross!!

I am sure that all of you can relate to what I am about to share with you. At least to part of this confessional at least. The grossness that is a slow draining and partially clogged shower drain. You know what I mean. You are in the shower trying to get clean and all the while you are covered in soap scum and filth that is gathering around your ankles because the drain is partly clogged.

Gross, right?

I am not talking about a little bit of water, I am talking about a couple of inches of water. I have tried the regular Drano route and seriously it helped for a short time, a very short time. We have a hair catcher thing on our drain to catch most of my mane when it falls out in the shower, but hair still gets down there. What are you to do? Well let me tell you. You are going to buy something that looks like this,





















It is called a "Zip-it". And it is my new best friend. Using is not my friend. That job I gave to my lovely hubby who willingly put on gloves and got to work. You will want to open a window, wear gloves , plug your nose. It will smell. Think, raw sewage!! You wouldn't think that hair and shampoo could smell so foul but it does. Once you stick this thing slowly down your drain you are going to very slowly pull it back up. Be prepared, it isn't pretty. I didn't take any pictures, thankfully other people have so this is a little sample of what you may see coming out of your drain.
Gross, right? Trust me it gets worse. I will not show you any more. Just let me tell you that after you pull out lots of gross hairballs the size of golf balls and tons of black sludge, your drain will be working like new. Your tub will be filled with this stuff, so you will need to clean it. If you are curious you can look up videos on YouTube, there are tons of them there. Just please do not have food near you when you do.

No comments: