Micah 6:8

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does YHVH require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."

Monday, June 16, 2014

Sugar Free - Iced Capp

I am a Canadian girl, and as such, when the summertime rolls around I love to indulge in a Tim Hortons© Iced Capp. I, however, am trying to eliminate sugar and chemicals from my diet. This can pose a problem as this tasty treat is loaded with both. On top of that, the Iced Capp is filling. If I indulge in one I am likely not going to eat anything else for a few hours. So what is this girl to do? Give up a favourite summer treat or re-invent it to serve her purposes? If you said re-invent, you are correct. What I am about to share with you is a very yummy and much healthier alternative to a Canadian favourite.

Sugar-free, Iced Capp

1 TBSP instant coffee granules
1 TBSP cocoa powder
1/2 TBSP xylitol
1/2 - 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup cream (optional)
ice and water to taste and thickness preference

Method
  • add all dry ingredients to nutribullet® and blend well
  • add almond milk, cream, and a wee bit of water and blend some more
  • add ice and blend again
  • pour into mason jar or large glass and enjoy
This is quickly becoming my new summertime favourite. I hope you enjoy it as well.

No comments: